Let time not be wasted on the hating of pleasures!

This blog was made to host the television reviews and share the thoughts of regular viewers. It includes the reviewer's episode rating and his or her favorite line(s). The point is to break the monopoly of the professional snobs and bureaucrats on serious commentary and take intelligent public opinion out of the oafish chat rooms. If you want to contribute as a guest blogger, please include your email address in a comment and I will invite you to be an author for the blog. The more the merrier.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How I Met Your Mother 608


I have to admit I really dislike this show. I dislike it even more since it seems to be becoming increasingly popular. It is somewhat cute but not funny, and its cuteness borders on obnoxious. It is a failed experiment in humor and a decade or so out of style with its reliance on a laugh track.

In this weeks episode there were a few things stick out in my mind: Every joke they make, they make at least twice. They revealed the identity of Barney's father to distract the audience from the frustrating lack of progress on the HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER front. The producers also stubbornly cling to the outdated entertainment fashion of jamming a moral into each episode and down the viewer's throat. Leave it to Leave it to Beaver. As it is, I found this episode's moral of acceptance of ideological concessions annoying.  In general, this show annoys me, and in particular this episode stinks.

Episode Rate:
2 (Not worth watching)

Episode's Best Line:
"Wait. I'm half Jewish, will that be a problem?" - Ted Mosby

No comments:

Post a Comment